Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fishing today 21 April 2007

Nothing.

I didn't catch anything at Bedok Jetty today. I didn't stay long, less than 3 hours. Didn't have many prawns left for bait, so I left once they were all used up. But the thing is, even though the fishes were biting at my bait, they didn't take the hook. So while I felt the bites, I didn't manage to hook anything.

I guess it may have to do with hook size and bait size. Does anyone have any advice on how to hook up prawn meat? I used to cut it about the size of the hook, and hook it up, flesh and shell together, but I guess the shell should be removed, right? Problem is, most of the time, small fishes nibble away at the peeled prawn meat... sigh. The small fishes are too small to take the hook, so no catch. How big (or small) must the prawn meat be cut, how to hook it to the hook so that fishes, when eating the meat, bite the hook too?

1 comment:

GFG said...

Hello. Nice blog. Please do not be disheartened ..as i always quote: The end of fishing is not angling but catching... enjoy the process and anticipation.
There are alot of information (still adding) on http://fishios.blogspot.com and http://fishforfood.blogspot.com ... you can see some of my CR .. one Queenie at BJT not too long ago.. BJT is a good spot provided you get everything right... rigging a bait is not difficult just make sure bait is secured and presented nicely..dont hide the sharp end of the hook ... you want that out so as to have a good Hook up!